The Youth Group consists of kids from 13 to 20 who have an interest in an ethnic heritage – either their own or any other. They have monthly meetings that usually coincide with DIFI board meetings.
Youth Advisor needed: We currently do not have an advisor for the Youth Group. This means we will not be able to have a Youth Group at the 2024 festival. If you know someone interested in becoming the Youth Advisor for the 2025 A World A’fair, please let us know.
The Youth Advisor would be responsible for:
- Overseeing the monthly youth meetings
- Guiding the youth in the right direction to plan and execute a booth at the A World A’fair
- Be present at set up and tear down of the booth
- Being at the youth booth the entire weekend of the festival (you will NOT be able to be a part of your member organization’s booth for the weekend)
- Determining eligibility, distributing, and collecting essays from contestants for the Ambassador essays and the Carl Day Scholarship essays
- Organizing and running the Junior Ambassador pageant
- Organizing the Youth Group’s participation in the Dayton Children’s Parade
The youth meetings have typically been about 1 hour a month. The advisor can be one person or two people. Individuals who have a background working with teens is a plus. Any interested parties should contact Sarah Schaffner at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime, all sorts of volunteer community-service opportunities exist during the festival weekend – send an email to email@example.com for more info. The youth are given a booth space at A World A’Fair and much of their energy is spent planning the booth and then putting it together.
They also get to participate in the Ambassador and Junior Ambassador contests.
You can get volunteer hours, meet new people, do many activities and also represent a country!